Greetings, Friends! The very thought of spring turns my thoughts toward fresh garden food. I remember when I used to live on the West Coast; we could start planting in April. But as I’ve mentioned in this blog before, sometimes planting in May can get you in trouble here in Indiana!
However, in the spirit and hope of fresh garden veggies, I’d like to share a simple recipe with you:
Strawberry and Arugula Salad
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 4 cups baby arugula (other light spring greens can be substituted
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Toast walnuts or almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. You’ll need to stir frequently. When slightly browned (3 to 5 minutes), transfer to a salad bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add arugula (or other greens), strawberries, pepper and salt. Toss with vinegar and oil. Serve at once.
Take time to visit the other authors participating in this blog hop! (Link below.) To be entered in the GRAND PRIZE — we are giving away a Kindle Fire or Nook (winner’s choice) along with a $25 gift card for the same — visit every blog and be sure to leave a comment which includes your email address.
The PRIZE at this website is a $5 Gift Card from Amazon! A winner will be randomly chosen from the commenters.
I hope you’ll want to check out my latest release from the Ocean Mist Series:
For a limited time, it is merely 99 cents on Amazon. Click here and buy!
For those of you with young children, check out Lynda Raymond Books. Each book comes with a FREE video book for your child or grandchild. CLICK HERE!
I’m eager to hear from you. Do any of you have favorite spring recipes?
HERE is the link to visit all participating blogs!!
And as always, thanks for stopping by.